Match Reports

See our latest match reports below:

Saturday 13th April 2024 1500 KO


Division 7 League Match

Tedburn St Mary 2nds

With the sun shining finally we and the winning form continuing TSM Reserves were ready to face Westexe Park Rangers 2nd.

It wasn’t the best of start from TSM Reserves, as we couldn’t quite settle quick enough. Meaning early doors Westexe Park Rangers got a goal from their right winger 1-0. TSM Reserves used this as a wake-up call, getting the ball up the field and into the feet of Kieran Seatherton. Kieran ran it into the corner and put a dangerous cross into the box, but in no one quite got on the end of it. However, as it looked like the ball was coming back against TSM Reserves, it wasn’t getting past Will Bastin. Will picked the ball up and put it into the feet of our debut striker (one to watch) Phil Greenslade who ran it in and around the Westexe defence and slotted it into the net, making it 1-1.

The battle continued as both teams fought to get the leading goal but the strike force in Kieran and Phil hassled their shaky back line with Phil nicking the ball of the toe of their centre back breaking through and beating the keeper again, TSM Reserves 2-1.


Our lead was short lived as we went into the final minutes of the first half through some scrappy play in our box from the home side, they just got an equaliser as the whistle blew.


With both teams showing how much they wanted the 3 points it was mixture of Phil, Kieran and Will giving their back line a hard time again, with an outside of the boot through ball from Will putting Phil in again he gets his hatrick or that’s what we thought. As we set back up after the referee giving the goal, a very late call from their linesman (after Westexe defenders gave him a few stern words) was enough to get the referee to change his mind it was back to 2-2 and after the teds showed their frustration the ref blew up for half time.


At the half time break we had to change our keeper as he claimed he had a headache from a clash against the post, but later we learned that it was just a little hangover causing our No.1 such discomfort so Jack Tucker off Super Sammy Drew on.


The second half both teams showed grit and determination in trying to get the leading goal. All the chances from Westexe Park Rangers were mopped up by our back line; Dale, Scott and Luke. A failed through ball which was calmly collected by our substitute keeper. As he looked, he saw an opportunity of putting a looping ball up and bouncing over the Westexe’s back line, putting Phil through again. This time there was no doubt as Phil put it straight past the keeping putting the ressies into a 3-2 lead.

The half continued and we kept our form, with a corner in from Kieran falling to the head of our resident super sub–Harrison Ware, headering the ball through Westexe defence and it looked like it was going in. Luke was there to help it over the line 4-2 TSM Reserves.


With 15 minutes to go and a sloppy mistake from the TSM Reserves midfield, Westexe punished us with an absolute rocket of a shot from just outside the centre circle. It flew into the top corner just beating Sam and putting Westexe back in with a chance of getting something out of this game. Through tired legs, TSM Reserves found strength to hold off the home side until the final whistle, keeping the winning run going. Well done lads!

Starting line up:

Jack Tucker,

Connor O’Sullivan,

Dale Bastin,

Scott Reinke,

Luke Skinner,

Archie Blaine,

Richard Carter,

Jon Newman,

Will Bastin,

Kieran Seatherton,

Phil Greenslade



James Webster,

Harrison Ware,

George Matthews,

Henry Armin,

Sam Drew

D.O.T.D – It bounced between Jack Tucker and Connor O’sullivan. Jack for going out the friday night before football and Connor for pouring his pint of coke over the managers foot, it was decided by the m.o.t.m to give it to Jack for resisting the urge to go out drinking on a Saturday night because he also had football on Sunday.

M.O.T. M – Will Bastin for an outstanding performance in midfield.